There's no doubt about it! We have had some cold weather lately and in South Texas, it's definitely something we are not used to! The weather is predicting to be cold the week of Christmas with a chance that it may drop below freezing. But don't panic! There are some things we can learn from our neighbors to the north of us about how to protect our home during freezing weather! Here are a few tips to make sure your home is prepared:
- Drip outside faucets. This is not necessary unless temperatures are expected to be 28 degrees or below for at least 4 hours. Make sure you turn off the faucets after the threat of freezing weather.
- Open cabinet doors under sinks adjacent to outside walls.
- If your washing machine is in your garage, make sure you shut off water to washing machines.
- If you are going to be out of town in freezing weather, turn off the water to your home. Make sure you also drain all outside water faucets if your house will be unoccupied for several days.
- Fit exposed pipes with insulation sleeves or wrapping to slow the heat transfer. The more insulation the better.
- Seal cracks and holes in outside walls and foundations near water pipes with caulking.
Remember to always keep an eye on the weather during the winter so you can stay prepared and protect your home! We hope you stay warm this winter!
Have a Blog Idea, A Real Estate Question, would like to spotlight an upcoming event or local business send an email to PearlandHomeTeam@aol.com.
Whether you are buying or selling Real Estate in Pearland Texas it just makes sense to use a Realtor® that knows the area! I live here, work here and play here - I call Pearland Texas home! For more information regarding Pearland Texas be sure to visit my website:
- PearlandHomeTeam.com - Homes for Sale in Pearland Texas, Schools, Home Selling Tips, Buying a Home Tips, Foreclosures, Weather and Community Information.