Hurricane season is upon us and here on the Gulf Coast, we take it seriously! The CDC gives some tips on what to do when a hurrican watch is issued:
- Fill your automobile's gas tank.
- If no vehicle is available, make arrangements with friends or family for transportation.
- Fill your clean water containers.
- Review your emergency plans and supplies, checking to see if any items are missing.
- Tune in the radio or television for weather updates.
- Listen for disaster sirens and warning signals.
- Prepare an emergency kit for your car with food, flares, booster cables, maps, tools, a first aid kit, fire extinguisher, sleeping bags, etc.
- Secure any items outside which may damage property in a storm, such as bicycles, grills, propane tanks, etc.
- Cover windows and doors with plywood or boards or place large strips of masking tape or adhesive tape on the windows to reduce the risk of breakage and flying glass.
- Put livestock and family pets in a safe area. Due to food and sanitation requirements, emergency shelters cannot accept animals.
- Place vehicles under cover, if at all possible.
- Fill sinks and bathtubs with water as an extra supply for washing.
- Adjust the thermostat on refrigerators and freezers to the coolest possible temperature.
For more hurricane preparedness tips, click here. Remember to play to play it safe & be prepared!
Have a Blog Idea, A Real Estate Question, would like to spotlight an upcoming event or local business send an email to PearlandHomeTeam@aol.com.
Whether you are buying or selling Real Estate in Pearland Texas it just makes sense to use a Realtor® that knows the area! I live here, work here and play here - I call Pearland Texas home! For more information regarding Pearland Texas be sure to visit my website:
- PearlandHomeTeam.com - Homes for Sale in Pearland Texas, Schools, Home Selling Tips, Buying a Home Tips, Foreclosures, Weather and Community Information.